Leek Pie: An Easy Recipe
The leek tart is a simple and quick starter to make with a ready-made shortcrust pastry. We suggest you discover this tasty recipe.
Here are the ingredients needed to make a leek pie for 4 people:
- a ready-to-use shortcrust pastry
- 3 or 4 leeks
- 3 eggs
- 20 cl of fresh cream
- salt and pepper
- grated nutmeg (optional)
- grated cheese
- olive oil
1) Sort the leeks, keeping only the white part and some of the tender green part. Wash the leeks thoroughly under water to remove the soil.
2) Thinly slice the leeks and fry them in a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Let this leek pie filling cook covered and over low heat about 20 minutes, adding if necessary a little water so that the preparation does not stick.
4) Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the fresh cream. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Assembly and cooking
1) Unroll the shortcrust pastry in a pie dish. Prick the bottom and mark the edges with a fork.
2) Spread the chopped leeks on the pastry, then pour the quiche mixture.
3) Sprinkle the top of the leek tart with grated cheese.
4) Bake in the preheated oven at 180° (Th. 6) and bake 25 to 30 minutes until the pie is golden brown.