Tinsel And Trinkets: Mulhouse's Christmas Market
In Mulhouse, the magic of Christmas blends with the local textile tradition to give birth to Etofféeries! This unique Christmas market takes place every year on and around Place de la Réunion. It is the third largest market in Alsace after Strasbourg and Colmar: an event you would be wrong to miss!
A single market in Alsace
Nothing looks more like an Alsatian Christmas market than another Alsatian Christmas market... However, the city of Mulhouse has found a way to stand out by drawing inspiration from its industrial past and textile tradition.
Formerly known as "les Etoffes de Noël," the Mulhouse Christmas market changed its name in 2014 to become "Etofféeries" - the perfect combination of local fabric and Christmas magic!
The city, once a renowned textile center, creates a new fabric every year in Christmas colors. This fabric, specially made for the occasion, decorates the wooden chalets of the Christmas market, among other things.
Visitors can enhance their experience by visiting the Museum of Printed Fabrics, where the shop offers magnificent creations and a plethora of original gifts.
Etofféeries is held from November 24th to December 27th, 2023 in the city center of Mulhouse on Place de la Réunion.
This Christmas market brings together 90 wooden chalets draped in the famous local Christmas fabric.
You will find "made in Mulhouse" handicraft products, wooden toys, as well as gourmet specialties (bredalas, gingerbread, honey, foie gras) and mulled wine to warm you up.
This unique market in Alsace is also appreciated for its numerous family-friendly activities:
- a Ferris wheel that will take you up to 33 meters high to better admire the market and its illuminations
- a Christmas chalet offering stories and songs, culinary workshops, and decorative arts workshops for children (on Wednesdays and Saturdays)
- the official Santa Claus mailbox to send letters (children should remember to include their address to receive a personal response from Santa Claus!)
Visitors looking for original gift ideas will also go to:
- Filomée's house, a shop where the fabric is sold by the meter and a wide range of local and "collector" products are offered (tablecloths, table runners, napkins, accessories, decorative objects, bredala molds...). On the ground floor of the Town Hall, Place de la Réunion.
- the museum shop which offers products from the 11 museums of Alsace, including blown glass Christmas baubles from Meisenthal (Salle des adjudications, at the back of the Town Hall)
- the Chalet de la création (Town Hall, Place de la Réunion)
- the boutique of the Museum of Textile Printing (14 rue Jean-Jacques Henner): open access from Tuesday to Sunday
From November 24th, 2023 to December 23rd, 2023:
From Monday to Thursday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
Sunday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
December 24th, 2023: From 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
December 26th, 2023: From 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
December 27th, 2023: From 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Etofféeries takes place from November 21 to December 23, 2015.
Place de la Réunion
Open from Saturday, November 21 to Sunday, December 27, 2015, every day from 10am to 8pm, except:
Thursday, December 24 from 10am to 6pm
Friday, December 25 closed
Saturday, December 26 from 2pm to 8pm
Sunday, December 27 from 10am to 6pm.
Every day from November 21 to December 27, 2015
From 10am to 8pm and until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Closed on December 25 and the morning of December 26 (opens at 2pm).
Market is free with free wifi (WifiLib).
Ice rink: €3.50 for skate rental and 30 minutes of skating / for children: double-blade skates or sled chairs available for rent at €1.
Filomée's Ferris wheel: €3 for children / €4 for adults.