A Festival, It's Too Short: The Nice Short Film Festival
The Nice Short Film Festival aims to offer films of all genres and from all backgrounds. This event, called "A festival, it's too short," invites you to discover unique, rare, or unpublished works for a week.
An innovative festival
Since 2000, the association Héliotrope has shed light on another kind of cinema, that of short films, by organizing the festival "Un festival, c'est trop court". For a week, this festival screens films in various projection rooms in Nice.
This emerging festival from the French Riviera brings together the best of young European creation each year. It attracted 8,000 spectators in 2011, offering unique and innovative, rare or unreleased works.
This event showcases "mini format" but maximum talent works. Among the selection, there is a wide range of films produced and shot in the South of France, as well as European films. In total, around a hundred short films are to be discovered.
The Nice Short Film Festival honors a different country each year and combines music and cinema through cine-concerts. It also provides a platform for creation and exchange, with a professional day called the Nice Short Meeting.
This year, the festival "Un festival, c'est trop court" will take place from October 6th to October 13th, 2023.
Four competitions are planned: European, Experimental, Local Shorts, and Animation Shorts.
The out-of-competition program will also include:
- European Competition (films produced and/or co-produced in Europe)
- Local Shorts (films shot and/or produced in the South Region & Corsica)
- Experiment (competition of experimental films, art videos, new cinema)
- Animation (competition of films from European animation schools)
A festival, "C'est trop court," takes place from October 6th to October 13th, 2023.
Screenings are held in different venues in Nice, including the Mercury, the Rialto, the auditorium of MAMAC, the Association Garibaldi space, the C'Factory, and the Nucéra library.
- Festival PASS:
- Normal rate: €20
- Reduced rate: €15 (FNAC members, students, job seekers, under 16, over 65)
- Festival screening:
- Normal rate: €5
- Student rate: €4 (upon presentation of student card)
- Group rates / Corporate committee: €3 (for reservations of 20 or more seats)
10 bis rue Penchienatti
09 50 62 30 58
04 93 13 97 65