Mobility Week: A Week To Move Differently
What if we left the car in the garage? Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters, walking, carpooling and public transportation are all solutions for getting around more economically and with less pollution. Mobility Week, designed to promote these sustainable modes of travel, invites us to rethink our daily journeys.
Let's mobilize for soft mobility!
Created in 2002 by the European Commission, the European Mobility Week aims to:
- to encourage the general public to use less polluting means of transport
- to encourage local authorities to promote these modes of transport and to invest in the necessary infrastructure.
This week's motto: rethink your daily travel! To do this, various solutions are possible, from carpooling to walking, cycling, car sharing and public transport...
Note: this operation is coordinated by the Ministry of the Environment, in partnership with Ademe, the GIE Objectif transport public, the Fub and the Club des villes et territoires cyclables.
Activities throughout France
During Mobility Week, local authorities, transport networks, companies, public services, associations and schools are organizing numerous events throughout France to encourage us to change our travel habits:
- rides on bike paths and bike tours
- bicycle repair workshops
- road safety activities
- bike training workshops
- promotional fares on public transport
- educational activities in schools
- awareness of eco-driving
- sensitization of companies to the development of company travel plans and promotion of carpooling
The 2022 edition takes place from September 16 to 22, 2022, it is dedicated to interconnection, intermodality of travel modes for the same trip, infrastructure and means of transport...